Five Tips for a Better Job Posting
You know that having top talent is critical to your business success (not to mention to reducing your stress level!). Here are simple ways to find better people with less effort–starting with the Job Posting.
The biggest mistake people make is thinking only about what they need to find, and forgetting to think about what the candidate will be looking for. Hiring is like dating: it has to be a two-way fit! If you’re not showing your peacock feathers in the Job Posting, great candidates won’t even bother to apply. Follow these tips to make sure you bring in top talent.
Job Posting Outline
Here are the sections for a typical Job Posting. Feel free to customize it for your needs!
- Company Description: Keep it short and exciting!
- Position Description: What’s compelling about this opportunity?
- Requirements: Typically two bulleted lists; one for “required experience” and one for “bonus points.”
- Benefits: Include it if there’s anything special your company has to offer.
- Call to Action: What’s the next step for the applicant? Tell them what to send and where to send it, usually an email address like [email protected]
What’s worked for you?
Please leave a comment and let me know what tips you have to share!